Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FO - HF Socks


I finished up the Kitchenering last night!

Details:
Pattern: Standard cuff down sock pattern in St St (CO64 sts, Eye of Partridge Heel)
Yarn: Hookers' Fingernails by Cosmic Fibers
Needles: US2 Addi 36 in
Method: Magic Loop
Time: Started July 3, Finished July 7
Ravelry Link

Here is the finished Clue #1 from the Mystery Mitten KAL.
Details:
Yarn: Moda Dea Washable Wool
Needles: US 5

The Tale of Holly How The Tale of Holly How by Susan Wittig Albert


My reviewrating: 4 of 5 stars

The Tale of Holly How by Susan Wittig Albert is the second of The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter series. A sweet cozy mystery that solves the accidental death and mayhem in the villages of Near and Far Surrey.

Beatrix, of course, helps solve the human mysteries, and myriad of animals including sheep, dogs, badgers, a Guinea pig named Tuppence, cats and rabbits band together to save a young mother badger and her babies.

A good read for anyone over the age of eight or so, although it's not marketed as a childrens' book.

View all my reviews.

And that's all the news that's fit to print. Nothing exciting happened yesterday other than it's hot and muggy. The temp is lower, but the humidity is up so it's still uncomfortable.

3 comments:

  1. Nice socks! Are those new sock blockers? Mittens...are they adult or child? Looking forward to seeing the progress on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the colourway you chose. How'd you find magic loop then? Good isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no way to convey how jealous I am of your library access! My SIL and I trade books, but it's not quite the same...

    Good knitting progress, btw. Did I tell you I've started up on my niece's knee sock again?

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!