Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig....

All my flights went well, were on time and I arrived home at 8:20 pm last night. "Home" as landed at the air port. I was finally unpacked and in bed by 10:30 and couldn't sleep. That eventually passed, too and it was nice to be in my own bed, with my animals waking me up all through the night to be assured I was really there.

I really had a wonderful vacation. I was amazed at how late I stayed up and how late I slept in. Being an early, early riser has always been my way and sleeping past 6:00 am regularly for ten days was amazing. Even with the daylight savings time thing it's amazing. And speaking of that, it's the first time in almost 30 years I've dealt with that

Remember the lovely car my brother gave me last October? Well, it is no longer. While I was gone, my daughter had a mechanic look at it to diagnose the clicking sound and while I don't think that was ever found, the transmission is about to fall out and the estimate on that and a couple of other things is $2000. So, that ends the era of us being a two car family. I'll try to sell to a mechanic as a fix up toy to practice on, but....it'll probably get donated to charity.

I didn't knit on the flight at all. I just wanted to read and vegetate. On the flight from Nashville to Dallas/Ft. Worth I had plenty of room. The flight was only partially full. So there would have been room, but.... The flight from DFW home was packed with grumpy people. The skinny bitch that sat next to me huffed and puffed all the way cuz she felt I was crowding her. Hey, life's rough all over. How much crowding can one person sitting in a chair holding a book do? Yes, I probably made two of her, and yes, she apparently doesn't care for people that are bigger than she is, but, hey, life's rough all over!

Here's pics of stuff accomplished while I was gone. The two pairs of socks I'd started before I left just barely fit him but, hey, at least they fit for awhile.

I finished one of my confetti socks and have CO the other.


DIL Waterloose Opal socks fit perfectly. Finished off the toes and although she's not fond of "wild socks" swears she likes these!

And I got a new sock project bag. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful trip and made it back safely. The Opal socks are "wild" but I love Opal and they wear so well washing after washing.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!