Friday, November 20, 2009

Stress...or lack thereof

Found this definition today: "stress is the confusion created when the mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living shit out of some asshole who desperately deserves it". Interestingly enough, I don't have this desire anymore! Maybe it's the cooler weather that's arrived since Halloween?

This is eldest granddaughter on our bus ride to school yesterday. DL gave her a pair of circulars and she is going to town on them! Although they are too big to make a hat, she's making a neck warmer and lovin' every minute of it! Circulars are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than straights!I finished up the scarf for DIL. Although she knows what she's getting, no pictures till after Christmas! There have to be some surprises. Work is progressing on TN son's socks. Still my "on the bus" knitting.

While out running errands yesterday, a clerk approached us and asked us to make six beanie style hats for his family for Christmas. As it turns out, I had a couple stashed away that met the color requirements and have started another one. Although I'm not fond of knitting for pay, the holidays are coming and well.....

Picked up some yarn for grandsons' mittens. Joansie shared a great pattern with me. I love the technique for the flap as it gives some overlap to keep the hands warm. So many things to make!!!

There's a group on Ravlery, Odd Socks, that is having a round robin next year. We'll be split up into groups of five. Each of us will start a pair of socks, toes or cuffs. Then we'll send them on to the next person who will add some of the foot or leg. On to the next person for foot and heel and so on till they come home to the owner to finish up either cuff or toe. Each person can do whatever they want as far as color, stitch pattern, style, etc., and the socks are NOT to match each other. I think it's going to be great fun. DL, my local knitting buddy, is going to join in on it, too. We're gonna have fun!

Did a lot of walking yesterday. Either I am completely over my cold, OR I was correct and I have been over dressed the last few days. I eliminated a couple of layers, mainly the silk undershirt, and walked comfortable for about 2.5 miles yesterday. Not all in one fell swoop. The first walk is just over a mile. Then a bus ride. Then another walk of just under a mile and a bus ride. Then another walk of about half a mile. Then COFFEE and knitting.

Today is my doctor appointment. After a walk, I'll meet up with BFF, F for coffee, running errands and the visit. It'll again, be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!