Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finished Socks

I finished up my BFF, F's socks yesterday. (It's hard to take pictures of white socks!) I would have done them earlier, but I was house sitting for a friend and forgot to bring them with. That and I picked up the newest Diana Gabaldon book, An Echo in the Bone, on Tuesday, and all bets were off till I finished reading it. The house sitting, dog walking "job" was perfect. I was basically holed up in her apartment with my book for two days. Information about the socks is on Ravlery.

I'm still working on the Blue and Purple socks. I have the first one finished and am ready to start the leg on the second. They are Houdini Socks. Cat Bordhi had come out with a book that has enhanced the basic concept of the Houdini Socks, entitled Personal Footprints for Insouciant Knitters. She also has created six videos to explain the technique and how to begin your socks. I used the idea of the life lines to mark the rows where the leg starts and am impressed. When I get some help tracing my foot, I'll use it to make another pair. This really makes it easy to knit socks for absent feet....the ones living in, say, Hawaii or Tennessee.

My friend, A, introduced me to this blog/feed, My Life is Average. It's fantastic. There are a ton of tiny posts a day, but about 80% of them are guaranteed to make you chuckle, belly laugh or somewhere in between. It's a good way to start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!