Monday, August 17, 2009

Their cold hands, your warm heart

Can you help us out? We need some more mittnz. Warm hand coverings. Hand made or purchased. Brand new or gently used. Please read this article. These are the people I knit for, the Native Americans in central South Dakota, the Cheyenne River Reservation. Can you please help a little? Every item helps. If you don't like to make mittens, hats, scarves, socks, sweaters, slippers, blankets....anything will help. Let me know when you are ready to ship and I'll send you the mailing address. Please...winter is almost upon the Great Plains. It's in the mid-40s to mid-50s there at night already. In a few short weeks, it'll start getting cold. And by January the wind chill will make it dangerous.

Where the Wild Things Are. October 16.

I have at least one student for my Baby Surprise Jacket class starting on Wednesday, so I thought I should get moving on starting a sample for the class. I'll knit it as far as the first lesson goes so the student gets an idea of what it looks like. I figure if I stay one step ahead, I'll be okay! With that said, my One Day Beret has been put on hold till I finish up this weeks work on the BSJ.

Spent yesterday afternoon at Borders knitting with a friend from the knitting group. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Both of us were talking too much and ending up tinking quite a bit of our knitting. Oh well, if one is going to make a mistake, a mistake made in the company of a friend is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!