Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blue Beret

While viewing reading through my blogroll yesterday, someone had finished this One Day Beret. As I've been working on a Magic Loop center start for in the round projects, I thought this would be a good place to use that recently acquired talent. I'm using Red Heart Ocean and US5 needles. Hope to finish it up today.
  • Easily a one day knit if you don’t have to frog it twice because you can’t keep track of increases….
  • Used Magic Loop CO and found it soooooooo much easier than using DPNs.
  • After the second or third increases I switched to YO instead of Kfb.
  • Increased until there were 16 sts in each wedge
  • Added a round of YO, K2tog to mark the transition from the increases to knitting st st evenly.

From Kathy's blog. Too cute for words.

1 comment:

  1. I love that beret pattern. Definately a keeper. The colour of yours is so pretty and what a great idea to mark the transition.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!