Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's the Weekend....

I found this on another blog, Knitting In Color. The sculpture is in Tesuque, NM. It was just too cute not to share with you! Wouldn't they look even cuter with some socks on those feet and perhaps a hat or two? I used to look like the one on the left, but now look a bit more like the one on the right!
Nothing can be quite as boring as a picture of the back of a sweater. However, it is a milestone. This is the back of the Modern Kimono Sweater by Ann Budd. Here is a bit of detail on the cable ribbing. I have CO the left front and have about five inches done. It's going much faster as it's half the size of the back!This is what it will look like when it's finished. Mine will be two inches longer. I am starting to pack up some projects, clothes, meds, vitamins and such. Tomorrow I head out to house sit for my BFF while he and hubby are off to Sedona for a well deserved vacation. I'll be there from Sunday-Thursday, home till Saturday morning when I'm off on my well deserved vacation to TN to visit my grandson and his mom and dad for two weeks! My youngest son (16) is going with me. It's the first time he and I have traveled alone together and I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope we don't get snowed in in Texas like I did last time!

5/23/09: Your Weekly Address from White House on Vimeo.


2 comments:

  1. Love the sweater. I carry the pattern in my handbag looking for just the right yarn. Hope you have a grand trip and I'm looking forward to pictures of that grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're probably safe. I live in the snowiest part of Texas, and I've never known it to snow quite this late. However, we are now in hail and tornado season.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!