Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Iced Coffee

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
It gets chilly in the house at night...mainly because there is basically no weather proofing and/or insulation. Guess they figured if we live in the desert keeping the heat in isn't really an issue. Anyway, I have this nice tall coffee cup that holds two cups of coffee, but by the time I get to the bottom half, it's cold. I thought maybe a nice cozy might improve the situation.

I CO this on yesterday, knitted from the bottom up, in the round till I got to the handle. Switched to flat knitting-garter stitch-and am still there. Just about a half inch till I can join again to knit a few rounds of ribbing at the top. There will be a button or two with a loop to close the gap at the handle. Using up small balls of sock yarn.

Hung out with BFF, F yesterday while Youngest Daughter and friend made Christmas cookies at our house. F and I chatted and went to see The Day the Earth Stood Still. It was really good until the last 15 seconds or so. I wish they would make a class entitled, "How to End a Movie" mandatory at Director School. It just ended. Like everyone said, "We're tired of making this movie. Turn off the cameras and pack everything up." It was such a disappointment I was angry at them for ruining a good story, wasting my time and taking my money. (BTW, they raised the prices at the theater again! $7 for a matinee.) I guess I'll not risk my money any more, wait till it comes out on DVD and add it to my Netflix queue. It really makes me mad, as going to the movies is one of my favorite things and I can't afford to go that often. Or wait till it hits the cheap seats. It's dollar Tuesdays here.

Christmas cookies turned out good. YD's friend brought over a cookie press. Youngest Son had way too much fun with it. It was nice to come home to find cookies like the ones we had when I was a kid! Plus, chocolate chip ones, too. Today's agenda is to make the peanut butter ones with a Hershey Kiss in the center. YS's favorites!
Joansie shared this link with me yesterday. I never made clothespin people, but I'm thinking I might make some for my granddaughters. And some more ideas from Martha!Isn't this great? Creator is madamsewingstick. She did the knitting on regular needles, transferred to toothpicks with beads and slipped it into a clear glass ornament with the needles suspended using invisible thread.

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

If I did a WTF posting, (which I don't cuz I HATE the sound of WTF), this would be one: Wisebread says it's okay for us to use bread to sop up the last of the gravy on our plate our juice from the stew. I'm amazed someone had to give us permission to do this...and have a warning that it's not acceptable in all situations. Not to mention she had to apologize for "filling her kids up on carbs." Seriously, folks..... One of my favorite lunches is bread and gravy or toast and gravy.... My kids think I'm nuts, but I remember it being some of my favorite childhood lunches. My mom made it only when dad was out of town, so I got the feeling it was something decadent.

Can the recession save the rainforests? We can only hope.

Can we be nice? It's a good single resolution.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great ideas on your blog today. I have some of those clear Christmas balls and wondered what to do with them. Also, I have all kinds of ideas for the clothespin dolls. We'll have to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!