Friday, October 24, 2008

Startitis

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Joanise nominated me for this award! I'm tickled. Here are the rules: Please do not feel obligated to respond if you are selected. This is suppose to be fun and stress free. There is no time limit. I am trying to select readers who are new to my blog or others that I know like these sorts of awards. The fun part for me is seeing links to other blogs I may not have encountered. If I like your blog, chances are that I will like blogs of other folks that you read.

The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award:

1. Mention the blog that gave it to you, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know that you have posted your award.
2. Share six values that are important to you
3. Share six things that you do not support
4. Grant the prize to six people

Six Values Important To Me (in no particular order)

1. Tolerance
2. Patience
3. Integrity
4. Tact
5. Courtesy
6. Belief in an afterlife (cuz if this is all there is, I'm pissed!)

Six Things I Do Not Support (in no particular order)

1. Meanspirtedness
2. Ignorance
3. Believing something because ___________ said so.
4. Rudeness
5. Exploitation
6. Dishonesty

I give this award to:
1. Mariella
2. Jean
3. KnitWitch
4. Tracy
5. Susan
6. Jane

Looking for something challenging, I decided to try Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi Are Squared Shawl from Knitting Around. I have no idea what the yarn is as it's something I got in a bag of yarns from another knitter. It's a natural animal fiber, nice and soft :). There isn't enough for the shawl, but I have another big skein from a project I'm ready to frog if I decide to keep going. I'm using US4 needles. Knitting things from EZ is an act of faith in itself. Her directions are brief and sometimes cryptic, but with several deep breaths and the belief, "I can do this!" most of them are doable with out an interpreter! I except if you knit enough of them you begin to read in Zimmerese!

This is one of an unfinished pair of Dobby Socks that have become legwarmers for Youngest Granddaughter. It's a bit chilly in the morning waiting for the bus at 8:00. I'm waiting to try it on her to see if the length is good.

Amber had a thought this morning and steered to a very important story.

Ray had something important to say, too: " I will only say that IF you are registered to vote, and IF you have decided upon your candidate of choice, and IF your state allows early voting … please, please, please, put down your knitting and go vote."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! I'll pass on the award once I get back from SAFF. Things are crazy here in Asheville!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Doby leg warmers are sooooo cute. Great idea. Great award for you!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!