Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ocean Waves

Yesterday was devoted to sock knitting. I really don't like working with those huge needles I'm using for the shrug, not to mention mohair and wool is really hot to work with when the inside temp is in the 80s.

This is an alpaca wool blend called Paca Peds, Singing the Blues. I'm putting in an afterthought heel because I like the patterning of the yarn and hate to see it broken as it is when doing a heel flap heel. Sixty four stitch CO, and my K2, YO, K2tog pattern on the instep. I tried to do a short row heel but really got confused from the directions I was using in Favorite Socks. Anyone have any good directions for short row heels that are really written out step by step. Once I see how they are done it won't be a problem....I hope.

I was a bad girl and played on ebay yesterday. Purchased a 32 inch #3 and a #4 Addi. I got some Cascade Fixation and it calls for a larger needle. I've gotten addicted to Magic Loop and needed needles to make the socks.

We have another intake this morning for Youngest Granddaughter. I'm not exactly sure what this one is for, medical expenses, I think. All these different agencies so we can insure she gets the help she needs. Autism is expensive if you want help and just miserable if you can't or don't want to.

Well, summertime wouldn't be summertime without tagging some blog walls. Stacy got me, and I'm passing on the favor (see below). Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

  1. I start to panic if there isn't any butter in the house. It doesn't bother me if there is no meat, eggs, milk....but if there isn't at least 5 lbs of butter in the freezer I feel like the wolf is at the door.
  2. I live in the desert and really hate the heat. If I could live anywhere it would be up in the cold country where it rarely gets to 80!
  3. I am psychic and have been a professional tarot reader for many years.
  4. I studied acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for many years. Never got certified but still tend to use TCM instead of western medicine as much as possible.
  5. I see ghosts.
  6. For many years I thought I'd been abducted by aliens but then found out I was autistic. Of the two, I'm not sure which is better.
I am tagging people I'd like to get to know better: KnitWitch, Lynda, Pam's hubby, Amber, Knit and Tonic, and Barb!

Want some free yarn? Check out Chrissy's Random Life!

Sean is making the Houdini Sock.. I'm so intriqued by it.

2 comments:

  1. Simple Socks Plain & Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson Roberts has "step by step instructions for the heel". No matter what pattern I'm using, I use this as my go-to reference for short-row heels/toes. Like anything else in knitting, once you've done a couple, they're pretty easy.

    I'll get to the tag game later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have finished my responses to the tag game, but I didn't tag in return.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!