Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Magic!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This is the Houdini sock with the leg sts picked up and ready to be transferred to the circular needle. As I only have size 2 needles, and like to pick up live sts with the smallest size needles I have (US0), once these are picked up they need to be transferred to the circular to knit the leg. The two ends are the row that is cut and picked out to create the opening.
And here is the finished sock. I used EZ's Sewn Bind Off. It's a nice stretch BO that allows lots of room to put the sock on.

And here is the second sock. Leg stitches have been picked up and a few rounds knit. In this sock, I put in an afterthought strand (knit the sts to be picked up later onto waste yarn, slide them back on the left needle, and then knit with the "real" yarn.) It was much easier to pick out and I think will work just as well. The "corner" (meeting of heel, foot and leg) is a little harder to keep the hole from appearing, but other than that doesn't seem to make any difference.
Today is Oldest Granddaughter's first day of second grade. She's been so excited for the last several days and was very disappointed to find today is only a half day. It's going to take us all a while to get into the schedule of school days again. I'm going to be adamant this year that her clothes are picked out and lunch made the night before. I hate the rushing around in the morning.

Question of the Day: If one has S.E.X* at more than one store in one day, is one promiscuous?


*Stash Enhancement eXperience

2 comments:

  1. Great socks & a great way to use sock yarn leftovers! I don't think that I'm that brave to try Houdini socks yet.

    Yes, having GD get clothes out & pack lunch the night before is a great stress reliever! I even put my clothes aside the night before....it saves a lot of time. More time to knit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks for all the valuable info. You are always so great at that.

    I think it's fantastic that your granddaughter is excited about school.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!