Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reading in the Orchid Garden

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

More progress on my mitten for the Mitten KAL. This is a flat one, and the thumb is knit flat, too.

I got quite a bit done on my Orchid Garden Socks. I had a lot of knitting time and went from about a half inch of ribbing to within a half inch of finishing the heel flap. I have an eye doctor appointment today so may get quite a bit more done before the dilate my eyes and I can't do anything!

I spent most of the day yesterday ripping three books on CD to MP3 format for my MP3 player. I'm tickled it worked. At least I think so. There are books on my MP3 player. Now we have to see if they will play correctly. When I download some books from my library, they don't have any bookmarks so if I accidentally hit fast forward or rewind, I have to start from the beginning of the book. Which is a pain if I'm almost done. These books, because they were ripped from CD do have book marks. Here's hoping all of it works.


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling


Rating: 5 of 5 stars
My condolences to anyone who hasn't read this series. You've missed such a great epic story.



Voyager (Outlander Series, Book #3) Voyager by Diana Gabaldon


Rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another of my favorite series of books, Voyager being book three of six. I started reading this books in the late 90s and have re-read them several times. I'm especially fond of the unabridged audio books. Davina Porter is one of the best readers I've ever heard.

These stories are of time travel, natural medicine, Scotland, Highlanders, the Bonny Prince, and two wonderful lead characters, husband and wife, Jamie and Clare Fraser. A wonderful adventure that lasts forever.

Two more books planned for the series. Can't wait till the seventh comes out. Graphic novels in the making for the story, too. View all my reviews.


Charles has been dyeing sock blanks. Pics of his process. What are sock blanks? They are sheets of knitting sock yarn, knitted on a machine using two strands of white. Then one dyes the blanks and knit the socks right from the dyed blanks. Some of course insist on winding two skeins, washing and straightening, then two identical balls and knit the socks that way. Takes all the fun out of it! I really love the idea of it...just have so much sock yarn already!

1 comment:

  1. I chuckled when I saw your mitten/thumb opening. I thought perhaps someone was inquiring again...duh!!! Lots of warm hands this winter!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!