Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bits 'n' Pieces

I received my prize for being the first one to finish up the mittens for the Mystery Mitten KAL. It's a skein of Malabrigo. I chose this yarn because it gets so much hype on knitting groups. I was sort of disappointed. Yes, it is a nice, soft 100% Merino yarn.... But it's not that great! Don't get me wrong, it's nice, I love it and it will make up into something nice. But it's not the spun gold everyone carried on about. The color is magnificent, tho....
Here's the second square for the NAS Blanket Blitz. Even with all the color changing, it takes such a short time to crochet up a nine inch block.

I didn't get any work done on my last sock. A Log Cabin Charity blanket arrived in the mail yesterday so I spent most of my knitting time on that. I still have a couple inches to do on that.

Today is working on Mittnz.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do love the color. I'm still trying to figure out the softness of fiber for those that are not so obvious. I haven't found merino to be particularly soft but then....who knows.

    Congrats on being to first to reach the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrts on the prize. I myself have never used Malbrogo, but I do know people oooh and ahh over it. I mean to pick up a hank and try it sometime. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!