Saturday, May 3, 2008

Charity


I received three log cabin blankets in the mail on Thursday. This is part of a round robin--each of us in the group knits or crochets a section on the log cabin and mails it on to the next person. When we started out we had eleven knitting and/or crocheting members. One member and several blankets disappeared. I'd give her the benefit of being either dead or in a coma, but generally family members step up in those cases and let people know.... Obviously this wasn't the case. :::heavy sigh::: Several others have had to resign for personal reasons which is perfectly acceptable. Life does happen. Now we're down to six members, which is still plenty, but once and awhile one person gets bombed with almost all the blankets.


These are two of the three I've finished. I did two sections on each of these: The bottom and right sides of both. Crocheting goes so very fast! I have one more section to finish on the the third blanket. Then back to regularly scheduled knitting.

Youngest Daughter and granddaughters spent the night at a friend's house and have many activities planned for the day. So Youngest Son and I will hang out in the quiet and maybe watch a movie. Days like today are when I miss having a car, but overall, with the price of gas being the way it is, we really can't afford it. It's sad when you put $10.00 in the tank and get less than 3 gallons of gas. And I'm betting it'll get worse before it gets better.

And that's all the fiber work I've done. Yesterday was shopping day, so much time was spent at the grocery store. The freezer and pantry are full again!



Abigail is having a Comment contest for the month of May.



Can you guess what this is? C'mon now, play fair. Leave a comment guessing what it is before you look at the answer!



Look here for the answer! Just goes to show...you can find art everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much.

    I never would have guessed that those tiles where soap. Amazing.

    Hugs, Abigail

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!