Friday, May 2, 2008

And the winner is....


...ME! I won at contest over at Nicola's Blog, More Friends and a Blog. The bracelet is knitted wire with beads. Very delicate. Am waiting to try the chocolate till after I get done with this tooth thing. I think I'l donate the seeds to my granddaughter's school. We have no place to plant them here and the school always has a nice little garden growing for the kids. It's nice to get a surprise in the mail!

I worked most of the day on a variation of Mariella's Sideways Wristerz. I had a bit of a pattern in the one I'm making and wanted to duplicate it in the second one, so I knit it backwards, starting with the thumb and going to the other side. Now the seam will be in the same place on both of them!

I did my first "spit splice" yesterday. However for various reasons, one being the tooth thing again, I used vinegar instead of spit. Worked like a charm! I'm sure plain water would work, too, but.... It's really kinda neat and once the yarn dried, I couldn't find it anywhere in my knitting.

I received three of the charity log cabin baby blankets in the mail yesterday. So my time for the next few days will be taken up with adding a six inch strip on them and mailing them on to the next lucky person!

Oh, about the tooth thing... I finally found a dentist, have an appointment for next Wednesday for an extraction. If all goes well, it'll get extracted then. I hope so. The pain thing on this is so weird. The OTC pain pills are fine until around 1:00. (I'm alternating Motrin and Ibuprofin.) Then nothing works from 1 till around 6. Then it kicks it again and I'm fine until 1 the next day. Really weird.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you won something. That's always so much fun. Happy that the tooth is being taken care of also. Hurry up, Wednesday, hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you won a prize. The bracelet is beautiful. I hope all goes well with your tooth extraction.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!