Sunday, February 10, 2008

One Sock Syndrome


I finished up the first Mickey Mouse Waterloose Sock yesterday! Yeah Me! Will cast on second

one today to avoid Second Sock Syndrome (SSS). I'm happy with how they turned out and think they may be the socks I wear on the flight to Tennessee.


I got some more rows done on the doggy scarf. No not the scarf for my dog, the scarf I'm making with her fluff! It's nine inches long and I really am seriously thinking of doing some garter and drop stitches as the center of the scarf. Then break yarn, knit up another section of Rabbit Tracks and Kitchener it on the end..... That's the idea right now at 7:13 AM on Sunday, February 10, 2008. The plan may change, without warning, at any minute.

Not much else done yesterday. Oh, the normal, cooking, washing dishes, changing diapers, but nothing else on the fiber front.

One of the "bad" things about reading other blogs is the book reviews. People mentioning a good book, or suggesting a good book.... My list of "To Read" grows daily. Speaking of reading, I didn't use my make shift book holder to read my Nora Roberts novel. I listened to my current audio book instead. Taking the time to adjust after each page was too much. I read so fast that it became a choice of either reading or knitting. Knitting and listening won. This time.

Talked with 3rd Son and his wife last night. Plans are to go to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN while I'm there. Too cool. I love zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens.... And talk of going to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. I hope my grandson likes fish! I just remembered I have a few "loose" fish left over from when I was knitting the tessellating fishes. Maybe I'll make him a couple stuffed fish!



Wanna knit some Easter Eggs? And there are more patterns for other little toys (Christmas Stockings, Little Cakes for Tea and some cute little kids).

Karen shared some very neat pictures of gargoyles. Go look, they aren't ugly and they tell a story!

4 comments:

  1. So I'm not the only one who plans what socks I want to wear on the plane.

    The Waterloose socks are totally plane worthy. But then I think Feather and Fan/Old Shale is the ultimate in pretty stitch patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks turned out great and are perfect with your Mickey Crocs! Looking at the eggs reminded me of another site (curlypurly.com) and inpsires me to knit some up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic post! Love your sock, love your Crocs - and yes I plan my wear-on-the-plane socks, too. ;) Thanks for the head's up on another fabulous Jean Greenhowe pattern. I love her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely wear the socks so that when someone on the plane asks you what you are knitting, you can show off your socks as well. I remember the fishies...perfect as a gift for Tennessee family!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!