Saturday, February 16, 2008

Movies, Scarves, Shawls


The Rabbit Tracks scarf bit the dust. I really didn't like the very loose edges on it, first of all, and secondly, I don't think I like knitting lace.... I know I don't like using large needles. Anything above a nine and I'm unhappy. I can, but it's not my favorite. And, if I'm not having fun making it, why do it? (I really liked the pattern, though and may try it again with a bit smaller needles and some more firming sts on the edges. Not that that's too possible when knitting lace.)

So I frogged and started a much simpler pattern. I like the twisting and turning of this one. The above pic shows about half a repeat. I'll post a pic again at the end of one repeat. Although it's a 20 row repeat, each row is relative simple and I only have three repeats within the row. So far, so good.

I found a couple mistakes in the F & F comfort shawl so I frogged back about 2 inches and started again. It really didn't even hurt to do it!

No sock knitting yesterday. Too busy running around and going to the movie! Jumper is pretty good. Weak ending, but it did leave it open for a sequel. Lots of unanswered questions, but still a decent story.

We saw the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie to be released in May! I can't wait. I'm a big Harrison Ford fan and an even bigger Indy fan. And a new M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Happening. I'm a real Shyamalan fan, too, so am looking forward to June for it's release.

I exchanged my MP3 player yesterday and now have a red one! I'll start listening to a book soon and see how many hours of continuous play I get. You understand, this all necessary information so I know what to take with me on the flight! I know I need knitting, and if my recorded book lasts the whole time, I don't need to worry about bringing a book, too. Got keep busy. I'm not one for sleeping on the plane or just staring into space. I believe the flights are too short for movies and don't want to pay for something I didn't get to choose to watch! I know, picky, picky, picky! :)

I'm going to try to finish the sock today. Will let you know how it goes!

I think I really like this Reader's Wrap. The idea of it...and the knitting could be adapted in many different ways. It's just a 20 by 60 inch rectangle with added pockets. It could be way cool with a cable up the center with the ends hidden by the pockets. I don't know why it intrigues me as it's just a stole, but.....

My youngest granddaughter is watching The Wiggles on The Disney Channel. These guys are really scary looking. Way too overly facial. Way too insincere looking. If I saw them on the street I'd go the other way. In a hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That readers wrap is lovely. I love the idea of having the pockets.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!