Thursday, January 3, 2008

Opal Waterloose Socks


I made quite a bit of progress on the socks in spite of the grocery shopping and other errands. I'm starting the heel flap and am thankful I've only done two rows as I wanted to do a contrasting heel.... I won't bother to frog the two rows just change yarns for the flap. I'll use the hand dyed Knit Picks which is a bit heavier to make a cushier heel flap. Maybe for the toe, too.


This is made by winding and gluing the yarn around a regular ornament. The advantage is that's not so heavy as to weigh down the tree branch with that heavy yarn! (Not to mention it doesn't use up so much precious yarn!)

Plans are to take the tree down today. There is a tree recycling area right around the corner. I hate seeing all the trees dropped by dumpsters and not recycled... Wish I had a truck to go round and pick them all up!

Tomorrow the toy pit has to be cleaned out. We have a cupboard under the stairs -ala Harry Potter- where the kids are supposed to store toys and play. Too many toys, too little desire to keep it neat. So, we get rid of garbage and broken toys, recycle toys not needed, and maybe we can create a more hospitable play area.

Knitting plans for the day are to alternately work on Jolly Roger and Waterloose socks. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute ornament! I'll have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sock! And the ornament is adorable. Did you make the "needles" from toothpicks?

    Nearly done with my first slipper for the Rez. How cool that you have a connection there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your Ornament!
    A great Idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!