Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fake Isle Hat

Stranded knitting is fun! In another attempt at procrastination from finishing my Christmas knitting I CO the Fake Isle Hat! It's really a lot of fun...simple st st with some interest thrown in.

I'm using the really nice acrylic I impulsively purchased along with an extra skein of the Patons Shetland Chunky I had. It's nice and soft, pleasant to work with and really a joy to watch the pattern evolve. Learning new things is such fun!

We went to see The Golden Compass yesterday. What a fantastic movie. Read the book and thought it was great and they did such a wonderful job with special effects and all to create such a beautiful fantasy world.

I know there has been a lot of controversy in the Christian community about this movie and these books. What angers me about controversies such as this is as a general rule, the shouters and yellers haven't read the books. They are reacting to what someone told them to react to. So, I challenge those that would say these are godless books to read them all and then make up their mind. How scary it is for someone to belittle anything based on the information given them by someone else rather than information gleaned from their own research. If your kids were saying, "So and so said such and such about Mary," you'd remind them that gossip is not a good thing. So for parents to forbid their children to read a book or see a movie because so and so said........ Well, you get my point.

Anyway, the cinematography is superb! Well worth the price of a ticket.

Oh, and I worked on the Work Socks last night! Granted only a few rounds before I fell asleep in my chair, but my heart was in the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!