Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright....



Tyger! Tyger! burning bright,

In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
--William Blake

The mittens are done! I think the striping and colors kinda make them look like tiger stripes!

The laundry all got done, I cleaned up my knitting nests, and managed to finish the mittens. A good day's work!

I bought an Ethernet hub for my son so we could both be on line at the same time. Except it doesn't work yet. So he'll have to work on it some more today to see if he can figure out what the issue is. He thinks it might some kind of firewall issue.

I have no idea what's on today's knitting menu. I have the felted Mary Janes and the hooded scarf still languishing on the needles. Not to mention the second pair of Mickey Mouse socks....

There is something about knitting small items in the round that is special, even more special than just knitting. We all know how addicting socks can be, and one has to wonder why? Yeah, there's the regular things like portability and nearly instant gratification, but hey, dish cloths fit that bill, too, and somehow they just aren't the same thing. But mittens, socks....something about knitting small things in the round....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!