Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8, 2007

I didn't pay attention
I didn't pay attention magnify
I got a few inches done on my Mickey Mouse sock. I really need to put this one down and CO the second and play ketchup! I love the colors...makes it really fun to knit.

Now the disappointing news. I spent the entire day knitting and frogging the second clog. Somehow, I zigged when i should have zagged, and well, it was pathetic. Finally last night I was able to get the first five rows of the inner sole done. Now, to my credit, I think that is the hardest part to knit. Line one of the pattern reads:

k1, m1, k33, m1, k1, m1, k17 w&t, k37, w&t, k16,
m1, k2, m1, k2, m1, k1, m1, k2, m1, k32, m1, k1

And that's just ONE LINE. There are three lines like this in the first six rows. It's just hard to keep track of which m1 one is on! Especially if someone talks to you. What a pain! After that it gets easier to keep your place, and then last thing is to again redo those first six rows for the outer sole. And of course the pattern is written for five different sizes, so you have to make sure you keep track of the right number in all the numbers in parentheses.

Another nice cool day yesterday. No coolers, no fans for a total of 48 hours or so now! Of course today is supposed to be back up in the 90s again. It was cool enough Saturday and Sunday I wore my felted clogs all day long both days. I could have taken them off, but I didn't have over heated feet by wearing them.

So, it's clogs today. I have three more to make to get the presents that need to be shipped out done. Then it's back to my regularly scheduled lists of gifts to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!