Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 2, 2007

The Little Things
The Little Things magnify
Finished another set of slippers and have CO another. I think these new ones will fit my 5/6 year old grandsons. The baby ones I showed yesterday had 20 sts in the CO, these today have 26, and the ones OTN have 30. The CO needs to go around the ball of the foot plus seams. Then knit according to the click--> pattern until about an inch short of the length of the foot. Do the four decreasing rows, and it's done. I really don't think it'd be hard to make into adult sizes.... We'll see how it goes.

brooklyntweed <--click has another great pattern on his blog--Cap Karma. I really want to knit stuff like this, but I can't count when knitting in the round....
bt hat

Ravelry...I suppose I should go over there and spend a couple hours looking at everything. I've had a membership there for quite awhile, and personally, just don't see the attraction. I'm sure there is something there besides the, "Look at how much stuff I have" but.....

The coffee carafe broke day before yesterday. No luck finding a replacement, so a new coffee maker. No biggie...$8 (which makes it cheaper than buying a new carafe if we could have found one), but it's the small things that make a difference. The old carafe dribbled when you poured coffee. No problem, we all just go used to pouring coffee over the sink..dribbles went down the drain. The new pot doesn't dribble. It's the only thing I've noticed about the coffee maker. It's the little things that make or break life, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!