Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1, 2007

Simple Scarf Pattern
Simple Scarf Pattern magnify
I found this really easy pattern <--click for fulled booties at Warm Woolies. It almost takes longer to full one than to knit one! The ones in the pic are the smallest size in the pattern and will probably fit a 18 month foot or so.
Slippers 1 Oct
This is another one, the largest size on the pattern with a differnt "cuff". The size it will fit will depend on how long I leave it in the washing machine.... I let the little ones really full down so I could get an idea of what size it would end up. I'm using Elann Peruvian Highland Wool <--click and it's fulling beautifully! I may have figured out what to make the grands for Christmas!!! I don't think it would be too hard to expand the pattern to adult sizes, either.

My only complaint is the cuff is too big and won't stay on. I may add a ribbed cuff "after the fact". And I can make the opening a bit smaller and then stretch it before it dries if I need to.... Any other ideas?

I finished up the scarf for #3 Son's birthday this month!
Micah's Scarf 1 Oct
Two strands of ww, one acrylic and one superwash wool. I'm still thinking of dyeing it so the grey will be yellow and it'll look more Harry Potter.... It's such a simple pattern and works up nicely:

Cast on multiples of 3.

K3, P3 across to the last 3 sts. Slip those sts purlwise, turn and repeat this row until scarf is as long as you want it. Fringe <--click is optional.

By slipping those three sts at the end and knitting them at the beginning, you'll be added an I-Cord edge to the scarf. It really makes a nice clean border.

Didn't work much on the sock for Son #2. It looks so way too big to me, so I'll have Youngest Son try it on today so I can get an idea if it's a go or a visit to the frog pond....

Oh and I did finally find a glove pattern I think I can follow. It's in The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns. <--click This is one book I may have to break down and buy. It's got basic patterns for gloves, mittens, sweaters, hats, tams, scarves, socks and vests in just about every gauge and size. It's a hardback spiral bound book so it stays open as you're working.

Today's plan is to work on slippers and the sock that may try to become a glove....

The Good Shepherd from Farmgirl Fare:

Copy+of+dee+dee+and+bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!