Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17, 2007

Mickey, we have a sock
Mickey, we have a sock magnify
I decided to be selfish and knit on my socks until I got them done, as I only have TWO WEEKS till we are in Disneyland! I finished up sock number one and am read to CO the next one.

I am so glad I followed my instincts a long time ago and decided not to knit a pair of black socks for one of my sons. Just doing the heel and toe in black is enough to drive the most patient of sock knitters (which I'm not) to distraction and back again! However, I do like the look of the black heel and toe! the heel is a bit too long, so I think I'll eliminate some of the knit even rounds towards the end of the heel. Live and learn!

I've gotten nothing but bad and almost bad news about the locks for my car. Joansie, it's a British Import and not very many were imported so the chances of finding it in a salvage yard is minimal to none. The locksmith says they still make the part but will have to be ordered from UK at who knows what cost. Now F said it might be possible for us to put a keyless lock on the door. However I think he said that the guys told him if it didn't work I'd never be able to either open that door or get into the car. Kinda scary thought.....


I have a confession to make...I often don't read people's blogs. I have over 50 (non 360) blogs a day I skim over...mostly looking for pictures. Just to see what others are buying and knitting and stuff like that. There are a few I read whenever they have posts, but mostly I look at pictures. Ravelry has ways of looking at all kinds of project--by pattern name, by type of yarn, by recently completed projects, and then just by going to different people's notebooks and being snoopy. Talk about inspiring! ...and addicting, but we won't talk about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!