Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday January 11, 2007


Originally published on Yahoo 360

Here's my Youngest Granddaughter (1) in the Cupcake Hat I made her right before we went on vacation. I had a bit of trouble with the nubbles, so I just eliminated them! Creative license. Anyway, ain't she a cutie? It's very easy to make and has gotten lots of rave reviews from the parents at Oldest Granddaughter's school.

I also made Oldest Granddaughter (6) a pair of Gauntlets yesterday. She was so impressed with the ones I made her mother, she had to have some. They weren't done in the round, although they could have been.

With #7 needles and Red Heart WW Strata, CO 30

K2 P1 rib for 6 rows

K for 2 rows

St st for 3 inches

K2 P1 Rib for 6 rows ending on WS

Then K2tog P1 across

CO, sew up sides leaving opening for thumb.

Oldest Granddaughter wore them all evening and put them on first thing this morning and wore them while eating breakfast. I'd say they were a hit!

Haven't decided what I'll CO next. Things I could work on, but somehow they are never as much fun as starting something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!