Friday, January 12, 2007

January 12, 2007


Here's a pic of the child's gauntlets I made for EGD. There were made with Red Heart Strata self-striping yarn.

I'm teaching a knitting class at my EGD's school next week. Hopefully it will become a knitting group eventually. Several people have asked if we can make the gauntlets. Although I don't plan that as a first project because I don't plan on teaching purling right away, it's definately on the burner for being a future project!

I started a new project last night.... I have so many small balls of left overs from my Christmas knitting, so I decided to make a log cabin blanket/afghan....big thing. We'll see how long my resolve lasts on making a large project. I don't expect it to be done till next winter as I know how boring it'll be, but it's a great project for when I want, what I call, no-brainer knitting. I do them when visiting with friends, watching TV, at the movies, traveling, etc. My Strawberry Shawl without the strawberries falls in that category.

I'm thinking of making knitting needles for the participants of the class. If I have time today to go get wooden dowels, I'll do it. Otherwise, as I'm without a car all weekend, it'll be too late to do it. They won't be as fancy as the ones Dawn made on her site, but..... it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!