Saturday, January 6, 2007

January 6, 2007


I haven't kept up with my old blog http://samplerlady.livejournal.com/ for almost a year now. I quit because all my entries seemed to be a repeat of the same info....

So, life is different now and I think I'll begin again, keeping track of what's going on and sharing my knitting and spinning projects. The picture I've included today is yarn I've spun from Angora and my dog. I have a Chow/Australian Shepherd mix. She definately has Chow fur. So, when brushing, I kept the fluff and when I had a grocery bag full, I carded it with some angora I was gifted with and spun this sport weight yarn. Haven't decided what to make with it yet, though. Any suggestions?

I've been a crocheter for over 40 years, learning from my mother at the tender age of eight or so. She also told me knitting was too complicated for anyone to learn, and being a good daughter I believed her.... for over 40 years! However, after working at it a couple of times the last few years, I've discovered I can knit! So, now I knit more than crochet. I got intrerested in spinning about the same time I started knitting. I tried to use a spindle, but that just wasn't a good choice. So, I took spinning lessons and then bought my own wheel.

OTN: Grey scarf (my own pattern), Strawberry Pie Shawl ( http://www.spindyeknit.com/patternfiles/strawberry/ ) without the strawberries, Baby Sweater ( http://users.netcon.net.au/~cake/jumperpattern.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!