Tuesday, January 2, 2007

February 1, 2007

I dyed....
I dyed.... magnify

I finally got my yarn dyed for the Kool Aid dye-a-long at Get Stitchy! I used orange KA and yellow food coloring to get the results below. I used balls of yarn as wound by the manufacturer, and a crock pot full of water, KA and food coloring. Dropped the balls in, turned it on medium hot, and let sit till the dye was all gone (water was clear). Then I squeezed in towels, used my niddy noddy to make skeins and hung to dry.

misc 012_edited

I used Black Cherry, Cherry, and Waltermelon Strawberry for this batch. Laid it in a 9 x 13 inch pan, painted it on, put it in the oven for awhile. Then overdyed with the Watermelon Strawberry for a second time to get rid of the white areas.

misc 017_edited

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!