Friday, July 3, 2009

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Yarn

I spent the afternoon knitting in AC comfort at my LYS, Grandma's Spinning Wheel, in the midst of another knitting group. This one is nice and noisy, bordering on X rated and I enjoyed myself immensely. This is a pic of our fearless LYS owner, Vicky pledging her allegiance to the freedom of fiber everywhere!

I took my BSJ (pics to come) with me to work on. It surprises me how many people have never heard of it or of Elizabeth Zimmerman for that matter. Guess us nerdy web knitters are the ones sharing all the information! However, with that said, there seems to be interest in learning how to make it, so I'm going to teach a four part work shop on it in the fall. We also discussed teaching the Magic Loop method and Magic Loop socks, so those will go on the schedule, too. Could be too much fun!

If you're looking for a good movie to celebrate our freedom to be comfortable in an air conditioned theater, take the family to see "UP!" It's just way fun! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and laugh some more.

Windy knitting....very cool.

3 comments:

  1. Coongratulations on your new gig at the LYS. I think it's only us hard core knitters that know about her. Her patterns are not for the uninitiated; they are not specific enough. Happy 4th of July. Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are having fun with the knitting group. To share a hobby with other knitting friends is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you--I had not seen that video before.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!