I finished off the sweater vest last night. No one home today to model it. I'm really happy with how it turned out, even though I don't think it's exactly what the pattern writer had in mind. From what I could decipher of those directions....well, let's just say I found them lacking.Pattern: Mavis
Size: 4, as directions are given, but is much bigger
Yarn: Aarlan Sportiwo
Needles: US 10
Modifications: Well, let's just say the pattern was a suggestion! I guess the biggest mods were the hood was knit in one piece, bottom to top with a fake seam (two stitch column of purls in the middle of the back and a three needle bind off on top. Ribbing was added to front of the sweater.
Next time I think I'd knit the hood right from the back of the vest, rather than sewing on later. All of the color changes, st changes and eyelet row with tie were all modifications, too.
Didn't do much of anything yesterday except knit and watch TV shows saved on my DVR. I'm just about caught up. Thank goodness for weekends!