Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Slipper, No Heel

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No progress to report on Scrappy Socks. In fact, it's negative progress. I didn't think the yarn I was using for the heels was thick enough, so I frogged it all, got it on the needles again, and Youngest Son decided we should go to the movies!

So we went to see Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. I'm not necessarily a fan of Adam Sandler, but I have like several movies he's made (50 First Dates, Spanglish, Click, Reign over Me, The Longest Yard). This wasn't one of his best, but it was good. I'd say, wait till it hits the cheap seats or DVD (rental) before seeing it. I don't regret paying $7 to see it, but there were a lot of other movies I'd rather have paid money for and waited on this one. However it's a good family show, the kids will like it and it's interesting enough to keep the adults' interest.I did find a slipper pattern only available on Ravelry. It's made of six granny squares and then lightly fulled. I got the first one done last night while catching up on my TV shows and listening to my book. I'll finish the second tonight and full them tomorrow. It's a nice slipper, but I'm not sure how helpful it is to someone that really needs to keep their feet warm, and not just have something to wear in a heated house.

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

Making your own vacuum cleaner bag! Make it yourself cleaning products.

What if you held, stored and did without for just one week or one two-week interval every month? Fast. That’s the solution. Just like the master cleanse, all you need is a calendar. Pick a ridiculously low financial threshold and an applicable time period. Test it, stay home, take public transport, avoid eating out, go shopping for clothes in your closet or for purging, or for altruistic purposes. Barnes & Noble your own damn book shelf for a change because you know you ain't read all them books. Go to sleep. Who actually losses money by sleeping more except a toll-booth operator with narcolepsy? --from WiseBread

Where is your thermostat? We try not to use the heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!