Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Houdini's and Afterthoughts

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Just the thumb left to do on Joansie's Mittens. I again traded off between two projects yesterday and got to the Kitchener stitch on both of them. This is the waste yarn for the afterthought thumb.The next step on the Houdini Socks is to pick up the sts, clip the yarn, frog to get to live sts, and then begin the leg. Here's a pick right before the clipping. With the next sock, I'll take a picture of the clipped yarn being frogged back. I have to finish the other half of the cuff. I'm using EZ's Sewn Cast Off as I think it's the stretchiest one there is. It insures the cuff won't get too tight and keep the sock from being worn.I decided to use the "toe" as the heel on these socks. This is the Magic Cast on Toe I did last week. It's not quite as attractive as the regular mitered toe, so it was chosen for the heel. Another benefit of Houdini Socks!



Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

Handspun newspaper yarn. Two stars of ingenuity and two ?? for what can you do with it? On the other hand, this soda bottle purse would make a great carrier for a ball of yarn. Maybe a hold cut in the top the feed the yarn out of? Info on plastic bottle waste.

Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall....Ommmmmmmm....

Things being given away... Like this $100 gift card to Amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Knitted items look great.

    Soda purse is interesting and I may just have to try that one. You could use the top half of the bottle and feed the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!