Monday, December 15, 2008

Mittens and Horses

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

First one done and the cuff on the second almost done! I'll find a good movie to watch today and get most of the second one done. Then dye and all will be well. The light round at the top of the thumb and mitten are alteration rounds. If these are too big or too small, I can clip that thread, unravel, add or subtract rounds and graft together. Although taking out the top and just frogging back isn't very difficult, I wanted to try this method once and see....
Eldest Granddaughter went horseback riding for the first time in celebration of her 8th birthday. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it yet, but from the pics, so far so good, eh?

Went to the winter concert of Reveille Men's Chorus yesterday with my BFF, F. His hubby, B, is in the Chorus and we never miss a concert. The theme was Holidays in Hollywood. The did short film clips from many favorite holiday movies and sang songs from them. I had to come home and watch White Christmas!

Does your coffee stay in your cup long enough to need these?

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

Make it from scratch... How to make "brand name" items at home. Less cost, less packaging.

Recharge your phone anywhere for free! Oh, and it's a batteryless flashlight, too!

Save electricity thus money, by keeping the fridge and freezers full. It just occurred to me, that we often don't have the storage space for dry goods, like flour, pasta, etc. in our little kitchen. It certainly would help keep the fridge and freezer fuller if we stored them in there. And less chance of critter infestation, too. I don't see why canned goods couldn't be stored in the fridge, too. The more the items in the appliances hold onto the cold and keep it in the appliance, the less energy it takes to cool the appliance. Freezers, if starting to empty can be filled with containers of water or milk when it's on sale. Not to mention meals, home made broths, stews, etc.

Paper towels really are expensive garbage!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog! There's always a wealth of info!

    Your DGD looks splendid on the horse! I love horses, too!

    The Reveille Men's Chorus sounds wonderful! White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie. It's ownderful that you have a BFF such as F.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!