Saturday, September 20, 2008

Got Your Back

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Two and a half inches left on the back. I've been trying to decide how to do the sleeves, not so much mechanics but colors. Red? Black? White? Stripes? The style of the sweater is a tunic, thus long. But I think this one may be too long.... I'll have to wait till I get it all put together to know for sure, though. I may end up frogging the bottom and adding ribbing or something instead of the garter stitch that's presently there. I just think it's gonna hang to his knees at this point.

Youngest Granddaughter will be starting pre-school, special ed, perhaps as early as next week. We had her final meeting for interpretation of her assessment and development of her Individualized Education Program (IEP) yesterday. All her physical activities are good, her comprehension is above average, but she has a significant speech delay. She will be going to the same school as my "more" autistic grandson went to, with the same teacher and same speech therapist. My son has nothing to say but wonderful things about both of them.

She will also get to ride the bus, which will be quite an experience for a three year old. They have a special pre-school bus with shoulder restraints, seatbelts, etc. It will take a couple weeks before the bus starts, so I'll be racing from one side of town to the other (fortunately against the morning traffic) to get her to school. I think that's a good thing as she'll only have to transition to one new experience at a time. First school, then the bus.

We are excited about preschool as she has made such super progress since she started with her current speech therapist that our thoughts are that she will be ready to go to the Montessori school her sister goes to when she's ready to transition into Kindergarten.

Another upside for the race across town, is after dropping her off, I'll have two hours till she needs to be picked up. And I'll only be about 15 minutes away from my BFF, F. So I can go have coffee with him in the mornings till it's time to pick her up!

2 comments:

  1. The sweater is oging to be fabulous. And I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your tablecloth! But the best part is your news about your granddaughter. Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made quick progress on the sweater and it does look very nice.

    Great news on your grandaughter. Also, good news that you will be able to spend time with your friend and have coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!