Sunday, September 21, 2008

Davey Jones' Locker

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Jolly Roger got frogged. I finished the back and (1) It was way too big for my grandson, in both length and width, (2) when examining the front I found several errors that had slipped past me last February when I was working on it, and (3) I really didn't like it.

So I started this one. I'm using bits and bobs of left over yarn for the front. I have five different yarns going, two hanging off one side and three off the other. Each time I finish a row, I grab the one hanging lowest off the side and work back with it. It keeps the colors from really forming a pattern. The back and sleeves will probably be a solid color, but who knows for sure!
Died in the Wool (Knitting Mystery, Book 1) Died in the Wool by Mary Kruger

rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is probably one of the best cozy "themed" mysteries I've read, with Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles at the top of the list. The characters were believable and likeable, (although why there is always a crappy ex in these books I don't know) and the story kept moving along.

However, I think I've read too many of them cuz it's too easy for me to pick out the murderer. I like pondering it throughout the book, but it really is like finding your Christmas presents in October...really ruins the surprise.

Yarn shop owner Ariadne unlocks the store early one morning to find the local unloved-by-all knitter strangled with some gorgeous handspun yarn. The normal questions issue forth: Why was Edith murdered? By whom? Why here? and was she really the intended victim?

Ariadne and the newest transported detective in the little town of Freeport join forces to find the answers. Clues come forward regularly suggesting different culprits each time.

It did get really preachy about copy right violations and implied that most free patterns on the Internet are stolen and that there is something inherently wrong with designers, both amateur and professional, that give free patterns away. Being one of those that rely on free patterns to support my obsession...it was a bit preachy.

I will definitely, though, read the next in the series Knit Fast, Die Young.

View all my reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Neat sweater. I was eye-balling that pattern, too. I think that it's neat that you're creating your own "camouflage" yarn. What a wonderful way to use up left-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. cassaforte elettronica a muro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. schlüsseldienst schweiz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! schlüsseldienst hollage

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!