Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack....

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

I finished the first Éire go Brách sock yesterday. It's amazing how much difference 4 sts makes. These are a 60 st CO and my other socks are 64. These are a bit snug to get on at the ankle, but still okay. The 64 st socks just slide on nicely. Second sock has been CO and about half the ribbing is done.

Spent most of the day knitting and listening to book d' jour, 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber. It's pretty sachharine... I'm sure I won't read the rest of the series. It does have a bit of knitting content, but just enough, I think, to entice knitters to buy the book thinking there is more than there is.Anyway, I sat in the heat downstairs, listening and knitting waiting for the plumber to unplug the kitchen drain. It's been like this since Wednesday and every day the office promised to send someone over "today". Friday was the correct "today."

Last night we had a pretty good lightening storm, with a little rain. There was a minute power outage that turned off the cable on the tv, but didn't affect the computer or the internet. However it happen right in the middle of the season finale of Dr. Who. I was sick. Fortunately, they rebroadcast it again later in the evening. I recorded it on my DVR and will be able to watch it sometime today!

A new twist on an old sock!

One of my favorite blogs, Farmgirl Fare, has some amazing photos! This one is canned peaches cooling. Put this blog on your reader. You'll have a great picture to look at every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!