Sunday, July 13, 2008

FO - Tropical Socks

Yarn: Paton's Stretch Sock
Colorway: Unknown
Needles: Addi US3
Pattern: Standard Vanilla Socks: CO 64, Eye of Partridge variation: Heel: WS K3, Purl to last 3 sts; K3 RS K3, K1, S1 across, K3; WS K3, Purl to last 3 sts, K3; RS K3, Sl1 K1 across, K3
Started Jul 9; Finished July 12

I CO another pair of socks last night. I forgot I had this yarn. It's a one of a kind dye job that Ray at Knitivity did quite awhile back. It has deep purple, blue, green and hot pink. It's very intense. I think I'll call them Orchid Garden at Midnight....

I watched the film version of The Devil's Arithmetic written by Jane Yolen. Both are excellent. Very good story for young adults learning about the Holocaust. Violent enough for a good understanding of what happened, not too violent to cause nightmares. Take the time to read and/or watch the story.

Today will be mostly knitting mittens, I think. Another clue on the Mystery KAL, and I should CO the mittens for the NAS KAL seeing that Mariella will have both pair done before we even begin. So much for "knitting along"! forum smileys

3 comments:

  1. Oh... So that is what KAL stands for?
    I thought it KAL meant Knitting A Lot :)

    just kidding.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tropical socks make we want to go to Hawaii! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!