Thursday, June 12, 2008

Frogs and February Sweaters

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



I spent all my knitting time trying to get the yarn and needles to cooperate. It just wasn't gonna happen. At 6:00 pm I finally frogged it for the third and final time, cast on with a different yarn, and got as far as I was when I got up yesterday morning. But now it's all nice and even and pretty....I'm using YOs as my increases here as I thought a little ribbon woven through the eyelets would be pretty.

Had a really busy day yesterday. Youngest Daughter had outpatient surgery so there was the delivering and retrieving of her, her scrips, a trip to the Food Bank*, and to the grocery store.

The new issue of Knitty.com is up. I like, in no particular order, Ziggy, Autogyro, BYOB, Helena,

Jared, at brooklyntweed, has done it again. He made EZ's Garter Stitch Blanket from The Opinionated Knitter. (Ravelry) He did his in one color, but here's a pic of a scrap one, a pic of another "in progress, and finished. This one goes on the "To Knit" list after I finish my Log Cabin scrapghan. The selling point? "The beauty, to me, is that throughout the entire process you always have 24 stitches on your needle. Always. And there is nary a purl stitch to be found. Netflix Knitters Dream Project? Yes!" says Jared.

Ray's got a new t-shirt:


GRANDMA'S MISSING

THE COMPUTER SWALLOWED GRANDMA
The computer swallowed grandma. Yes, honestly its true!
She pressed 'control' and 'enter'And disappeared from view.
It devoured her completely,The thought just makes me squirm.......
She must have caught a virus Or been eaten by a worm.
I've searched through the recycle bin And files of every kind;
I've even used the Internet, But nothing did I find.
In desperation, I asked Jeeves......My searches to refine....
The reply from him was negative, Not a thing was found 'online.'
So, if inside your 'Inbox,'My Grandma you should see,
Please 'Copy,''Scan' and 'Paste' her....And send her back to me. :)

*The Food Bank is not just for the very poor. It's a good place to get basic staples (and sometimes a treat) at a very good price. Sometimes there are famous brand names, sometimes store brands, and sometimes brands not recognized. However, its all good food, none of it is past it's sell date. It's a good way to supplement your food dollar (or is it food fifty cents now?). I came home with five grocery sized bags of food for $40. Lots of canned goods, staples, boxed mixes, even some Stove Top!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I saw Jared's "blanket". It is so beautiful and the I-cord really finishes it off nicely. I wonder if everyone's knitting of that pattern is just as nice but his photography is so wonderful that it makes his look even more special.

    That will be a fun project for you to knit. I'm afraid to add it to my queu.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!