Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby Hatz


I made baby hatz yesterday. The first one is the slip stitch pattern from Knitty.com's Crusoe sock. I CO 56 sts with sport weight yarn, garter stitch cuff and then switched to Crusoe's stitch pattern. The decreases were a bit challenging and the slip stitch pattern gets a bit wonky at top, but only if you're looking for it. That hat took me three or four hours.
Then I switched to crochet and made the following three hats in less time than the one knitted hat took. I used the Baby Cap 2 pattern. These three are all made from sport weight and each one differs in size because the yarns were really different in size. Funny how that is!




Today I want to work on the Art school socks, toe and heel. I am called though, to CO something new... Maybe I'll go through my yarn today and see what I have and what I can make. I really should finish up some projects, rather than start something new. Maybe....

Math and fiber arts....

I want to be able to knit like this when I grow up. This was knit without a pattern. I can do many things like that, but as I've only made a couple sweaters I don't think that's within my power...yet.

It's kinda fun....try it!
The rules:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into the mosaic maker.

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.

If nothing else, bookmark the Mosaic Maker. What great fun!

3 comments:

  1. I think you're selling yourself short by thinking you couldn't make that sweater. You have all the experience, all the knowledge: all you need now is the confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with jo-of course you could knit that top! It's very nice btw and one you could knit easily. In fact I am fairly sure you can knit whatever you want to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like Hatz #8. I bet you get knit that top. The trick is to remember to use stitch markers for each repeat.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!