Sunday, May 25, 2008

Knittin' Mittz



I wanted to knit yesterday, rather than crochet, and to try out some two needle patterns. So these neat little mittz came about. The thumb in the turquoise pair are knit in center of the flat piece. If someone is in the mood to try a new pattern, try these and tell me if you think the thumb technique could somehow be used for mittens in the round.

The little purple ones were a pattern in the round I adapted by adding two sts to the CO. I followed the directions for the decreases, Kitchenered the top and then sewed the side seam. Worked like a charm.

Youngest Daughter's back was a bit better all day yesterday, but is worse this morning....

Karen Allen's character, Marion, in the Indiana Jones movies 1 and 4 is a favorite of mine. I also loved her as Jenny Hayden in Starman. Well, guess what? She's a fiber artist and has her own retail store! Another reason to travel east!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to Karen Allen. I knew she was a knitter, but not a store owner. Her stuff is beautiful and $$$$$!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!