Friday, April 25, 2008

Two FOs


I was a good girl and finished up the toe on my first Art School Sock. They fit perfectly! And I'm very happy with the toe. It's Dawn Brocco's variation on a star toe that decreases on six points rather than four. I think it disrupts the flow of the color patterning less than other toes would.


And I finished up the Presto Chango. All except the buttons.
Pattern: Presto Chango
Yarn: Reynolds Dover, Superwash Wool, approximately 5 skeins (82 yards)
Modifications: Increase CO to 56 sts, increase to 60 sts
Body done with Ridge Stitch: (RS)Knit across, K2tog across, Kfb of each st across, Purl across)
Front Panel with Loop Pattern: (RS) Knit across, *K1, sl 1; rep from * to last 2 sts, K2, Knit across, K2, *sl 1 K1; rep from * to end
Button holes at top only. Remaining buttons permanently attached creating a pull over sweater.

I love the way it turned out. I'm just hoping that youngest grandson starts growing up instead of continuing to grow out! :) It might fit him right now, but it's supposed to be a December birthday present!

We have baby fruit in the back yard! And yes, we still have mature fruit on the tree! I don't have a ladder and everything we can reach has pretty much been picked!



Ray's got some lace and sock weight yarns on Special Clearance. Check 'em out!

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! Love your baby fruit... You sure are getting a lot done. I'd better get back to that mittn I'm knittn'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks. The heel is very interesting. The sweater is one of my favorites. I want to come to your house for fresh lemonade! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased to see these baby fruits. I am living in a city, in İstanbul so I can't see such nice things whenever ı want. They make me feel hopeful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!