Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sleep.....


Didn't get too much knitting done yesterday. Youngest Son and I made it a day. We went out for breakfast at Village Inn because they serve all their meals 24/7. YS isn't fond of "breakfast" foods and wanted a hamburger.

Then we went to the Super Target and wandered around. I found a CD/DVD book that holds over 200 disks. I thought I could get my entire collection of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series in it. WRONG! So another smaller book was acquired. Now all the CDs are out of the smaller containers and into two larger ones, taking up less space.

Then off to the movies. We went to see Al Pacino in 88 Minutes. WOW! What a great flick! Neither YS or I figured out whodunnit. I'm proud to say I didn't fall for the obvious misleading clues, but even still. If you like puzzles and great characters, it's worth the money for the show.

I finished one thumb on the mittens and will do the second today before working on anything else. Thumbs are so futzy! I think Pair #10 will be muffatees!

I over slept this morning. I haven't used an alarm clock for years, mainly because I wake up somewhere between 3:30 and 5:30 to start my day. I have always had sleep issues which I've found out is normal for people on the Autistic spectrum. Who knew? Generally if I sleep till 6:00 am it's a miracle. This morning somebody's car alarm went off in the parking lot right outside my bedroom window. It work me up out of a sound sleep....at 7:30! I haven't slept in that late since the last time I stayed up half the night partying. And that was a l-o-n-g time ago! Since I found out I have hpothyroidism (which means my thyroid doesn't work very well if at all), and am taking medication for it, I have been able to stay up past 7:30 pm. My bed time is generally around 9:30. So last night I got about ten hours of sleep. Amazing! Of course now I'm about two hours behind schedule for the day, but... I guess I can't have it both ways.

For those that are contemplating, or have played with dyeing yarn or rovings with Easter egg dye, food coloring or Kool Aid, check out Shea's accomplishment. The colors are very nice but the technique is what intrigued me!

Sometimes plain old vanilla socks are the nicest!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's good to do something other than knitting for a day. Glad you enjoyed the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!