Friday, February 22, 2008

Socks!


I finished up the second sock for the last of the Heet the Feet project. They'll be mailed out next week! That makes a total of seven pairs of slippers/socks!


I wanted to use up my left over Mickey Mouse yarn and I really liked the way the yellow baby socks turned out with two strands of sock yarn, so I thought I'd make me a pair of double socks, too. I developed my own stitch pattern with them, too! I'm so proud! Make sure your CO is a multiple of 4: 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68, etc. Round 1: K2, YO, Sl 1, K, PSSO. Round 2: K around. Repeat. It creates a spiral eyelet pattern. I'm playing with YO, Sl 1, K, PSSO, K2 to reverse the direction of the spiral. My plan at this point is to continue till I finish a total of sixteen rounds of pattern and then change back to black and white to begin the heel and foot. It's fun to experiment!

Yesterday was a nice sit at home day. We had baked chicken a couple nights ago, so I put the leftovers in the crock pot and boiled it down for most of the day. Mid afternoon, I took out the chicken carcass and let it cool while chopping up and adding veggies (carrots, celery, onion) to the broth. Deboned the chicken and added the meat back in. Let it simmer till dinner time. Cooked up noodles and we had home made chicken noodle soup for dinner. Yum. Turned out really good.

Knitting, listening to my current book (Cold Fire by Dean Koontz) with the fragrance of chicken soup.... Can't ask for much more!

So I was over at Diana Gabaldon's site and found this video. An author by the name of Sara Donati (a friend of Diana's) wrote an historical fiction book that had the main characters of Diana's books as mentioned in passing as characters in her book. Let's see if I can make that clearer, Sara wrote a book, Into the Wilderness, that used Diana's Jame & Claire Fraiser and Jamie's nephew, Ian, as "historical" characters. How much fun is that? So of course I had to put the book on reserve and I believe it will be the printed book I'll take with me on vacation. And no, not just cuz there is one sentence about Jamie & Claire, it's Rev War historical fiction which I enjoy. It just has the added draw of finding characters from one author mentioned by another author. (Yes, I'm obsessed with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series....)

1 comment:

  1. Great socks! That took you no time at all! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!