Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Scattered Thoughts


I really feel scattered today. Let's see if I can tie up some loose ends and take inventory.

I didn't check the mail on Saturday and when I checked it yesterday, found the next square of the Charity Log Cabin blankets I'm to work on. Feeling guilty cuz I should have rescued it from the cold mailbox earlier, I worked on it all evening and got it finished.
I did the section on the far right. Six inches by fourteen inches. I guess when one sets their mind to it, one can get alot done. That's eighty-four square inches of knitting. In about four hours. Not bad.
I suppose I should share these really cute little socks I'm making for Heet the Feet (link to the right). They are based on the Roundabout Sock Pattern. Isn't it cute? What's really neat is that I figured out how to reverse the swirl on the leg! The second sock is at the gusset decrease stage. Hope to finish it today. I'm using two strands of hand dyed Knit Picks sock yarn. They'll make nice warm slipper socks for some little one at the Cheyenne River Reservation.

F's hubby called me yesterday morning to tell me F was sick and we wouldn't be going to the Ren Faire. It was a school holiday for Eldest Granddaughter. We decided to go see the Spiderwick Chronicles. We all read the books quite awhile ago and were looking forward to seeing the movie. It was good and we all really enjoyed it. Special effects were wonderful! Definitely a good movie to take the family to.

Well, I feel like I've accomplished a bit more now. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that poor wool - burrr. I like how the colors are coming together. I love going to the Ren Faire - I haven't been for a long time but I have been thinking about making the effor this year - we have one in Los Angeles in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got a lot of knitting done! I need to take your inspiration and get some of my knitting projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could get that much knitting done! :) Love the dyed KnitPicks!

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!