Tuesday, January 1, 2008

...on little cat feet....



Not the fog, but the New Year. In my old age, partying in the New Year is just not gonna happen. Although it wasn't as quiet as little cat feet (neighbors and their fire crackers) it was a relatively calm evening, spent with old friends, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, singing White Christmas.


I knit several rows on my shawl and realized I'd be frogging at least three of them this morning. What you do on New Year's Eve is what you'll do all year. Hmmm will that be knitting or creating rows to be frogged? The former I hope!

Didn't get any knitting done to speak of all day. Had to appease the cable company so they didn't shut off our cable, take Youngest Son to the great electronics store to buy a new game (after which he took the girls and me out to Taco Bell for lunch), stopped at the library to pick up yet more books to read, made a pick up from a member of the local Freecycle, and gifted a queen sized electric blanket to F. On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store for components for a holiday dinner: steak, crab, broccoli, green beans and garlic bread. (Can you hear the arteries clogging?) Who cares! It was yum!

Resolutions...quit doing those years ago. Goals....well, I'd like to comment on more blogs (whew that is time consuming!) and I'd like to keep better track of what I accomplish over the year. So I've added a list on the right side of the page of books I finish reading/listening to this year and a list of what I've finished knitting. After creating the habit of listing all my projects on Ravelry, I've found I rather enjoy the sense of accomplishment! So I plan to be a bit more organized in that respect this year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Love your photos - are those your cat's feet? I'm sure what the saying means is that you will have a fabulous knitting year. I, alas, didn't knit last night - I read. Oh well, there's always tonight...

    ReplyDelete

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!