Monday, April 2, 2007

April 2, 2007

Monica I and II
Monica I and II magnify

Got the second one finished as promised! I think they both turned out very nicely!

misc 033_edited

Those neighbor kids...the ones I told you awhile back that set fire to winter dead brush and scorched the paint on their house? Well, now they are playing with water....sigh! My back yard is flooded...

misc 027

That's just a small part from yesterday afternoon. This morning at 7:30, half the yard has standing water.... Because the fruit trees shade 90% of our 20 x 15 ft yard, there is no grass to speak of. But now there's lots of mud. This will be the second day the kids can't go play in back because of mud. The dirt's saturated enough that the mud is slippery. Yes, I'm whining.....but the kids are going stir crazy in the house!

I cast on a sock last night. For one of my grandsons, I think. It's out of acrylic WW so it'll be a short house sock/slipper. Got as far as starting the decreases after turning the heel. My, socks on "big" yarn go fast!

Not much on the agenda for today. My daughter's off till noon, but we have grocery shopping to do as well as a TRIP TO THE OFFICE to discuss the flood in my back yard! This afternoon I hope to settle in with my knitting and watch the first episode of "The Tudors."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!