Monday, January 22, 2007

January 22, 2007

Sleeves, and Mozart and the Whale magnify

So, I'm on the last leg of the first sleeve! (How's that for a mixed metaphor?)

Pinwheel Sweater 22 January 07 002

I attached the sleeve and began the tedius round and round. The ribbing is about 8 inches long so there is plenty of grow room in it. So I have bit to do on that and thinking I could get it done over the weekend kinda was a dream instead of a guesstimate!

I've got a cold! It's not a bad one, just one enough to be annoying. Rought throat, runny nose... blech! Guess it's a good day to sit and knit!

Watched a really good movie yesterday- Mozart and the Whale. Okay, it's not going to every get nominated for any big awards... It's a love story about two people with Asperger's Syndrome. I, along with my mother, daughter, two sons, and two grandchildren have AS. I also have a grandson that is Autistic. The story is about how difficult it is for two Aspies to live with each other...but I wish it had touched more on how difficult it is for Aspies to live with Neuro Typicals (NT). That is what most of you people out there are.

Most of what one reads about AS is how it affects children. I wish there was more out there of what it's like to be 54 and have internalized all the pain and struggle of being different, trying to be normal, and just never being able to succeed. And never knowing what it was that caused the problem. Not only not have a diagnosis, but never being able to see/understand what the behavior was that was unacceptable. So, one finds that seclusion is the better than the pain of rejection. Enough. It begins to sound lik whining.

My granddaughter was just notified she has a snow day! Mixed blessing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!