Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16, 2007

Grey Scarf
Grey Scarf magnify

Here's the pattern for the Grey scarf I mentioned in my first post. The pic shows the front (the top of the pic) and back. I made this pattern up. I don't know if it's a "real" pattern in the knitting world, but when I sat down to play with my string and sticks, this is what was born!

CO a multiple of 4 +2

Row 1 (WS): *K2, BYF as if to purl, slip the next two sts as if to purl, BYB* Repeat across ending with K2.

Row 2: Knit across

Repeat these two rows until scarf is as long as you'd like. It makes a nice ribbed look without pulling in or having to purl

Today's a busy day for me. I am teaching my first beginning knitting class to a group of moms at the nearby Waldorf school where my granddaughter is in kindergarten. The Waldorf students are taught in school to flat knit in 1st grade and knit in the round in 6th grade. (Their first projects are socks or gloves. Neither of which I've made a pair of yet!) These moms wanted to keep a step ahead of their kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!