Finished! New socks to wear to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow!Specifics: No pattern: Generic cuff down socks, heel flap, wedge toe.
Needles: US 2 Circular
CO: September 1, 2008; BO: February 14, 2009 (I don't feel so bad, Gladys took even longer!)
Yarn: Deathly Hallows based on the American cover art of the J.K.Rowlings book.
There are no words.....
Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"
Where to watch TV shows online.
- Always remember that advertising can sell junk as needs, garbage as food.
- Be attentive and be suspicious. Buy where they will cheat you the least.
- Foxymoron: A store's loss leader is your loss when you leave with a bundle of overpriced goods.
- Pre-purchase thought: How much more would you have if you didn't buy those things which you later wish you hadn't bought?
- Don't be cool be kind. You'll spend less and friendship grows easier in a noncompetitive environment.
- Instead of driving your SUV to the gym just jog there and back.
- Know the strategy of marketing for your money: Attract. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
- Watch less TV, it's full of persuasions to buy more stuff you don't need. My two favorites on TV are MUTE and OFF. Or use the DVR and fast forward through commercials!
- The most expensive products are at eye level. For cheaper alternatives, look up and down.
- Many generics are identical to the name brand items just with different packaging. Give them a try to see if they're acceptable. Read labels. Often they are identical.
- Not all generics are equally discounted. I was looking at ibuprophen at Target. For the store brand, the price seemed to be heavily dependent upon the shape and, no kidding, color of the pills. Orange oval shaped pills ("Similar to Motrin") were almost twice as expensive as brown round ones ("Similar to Advil"). The ingredients were identical other than the colorings. It pays to compare all of the alternatives.
- The largest packaging may not offer the best per unit price. At my Kroger, two one pound bags of carrots are cheaper than one two pound bag of carrots. Cheese is similar. Always compare the per item/per pound cost.
- Manufactures and stores offer rebates because most people won't complete them. Don't let that be you.