Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wool is wonderful

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

One of the yarns I recently received is Bernat Blarney Spun. It's a vintage yarn, 1970s. 100% Virgin Wool. I was really in the mood to CO something new :::heavy sigh::: so I decided to do a swatch/coaster to see what it would feel like washed as it's a bit scratchy as is. It's very nice. Washed and blocked well and my gauge is very close to the recommended. I'm not so fond of the color, so may overdye when I'm done. So I CO a baby sweater. It's kinda of a make it up as I go along so we'll see how it goes! Ravelry details I rarely knit non superwash wool and have forgotten how nice it is.

I KIPed my Houdini Socks in the Eye Clinic waiting room. Youngest Daughter was with me and she was working on a neckwarmer. We had our own knitting circle as we watched the Mr. President take his oath. Eyes are fine, medication keeping the pressure even. Life is good.

Keeping the "We" in "Yes, We Can!"

....NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.

White House Blog. Read the Inaugural Address.

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- when yellow will be mellow -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- and when white will embrace what is right.--Rev. Lowery
Amen.

PLEASE go read Helen's post this morning. Feel sorry for (but am not surprised by) those that don't understand how important yesterday was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really am glad you're commenting. Please make sure I can find you by insuring you leave an e-mail address. It's so frustrating to have someone ask a question and no way to answer them! Thanks!